Chicken and chickpea casserole
A nutritious and tasty chicken dish, full of flavour and plenty of vitamins.
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 medium-sized chicken breasts, skinless and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 310g (1 tin) chickpeas
- 3 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion into eight sections and break the layers apart. Place the onion pieces into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Mix the ingredients together in the dish and cover with a lid or foil.
- Place the dish in an oven pre-heated to 150 C.
- Cook for 55 minutes.
- Serve with plain, low-fat yoghurt.
Back to Recipes