This colourful and delicious meal is sure to become a family favourite.
- 250ml plain yoghurt
- Half an onion, finely chopped
- 2ml ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5ml ground coriander
- 30ml lemon juice
- 8ml garam masala
- 5ml chilli powder
- 30ml tomato purée
- 5ml salt
- 500g hake fillets
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 1 each red, green and yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- Briyani rice (to serve)
- To make marinade: Mix together all ingredients except for fish, peppers and rice.
- Cut fish into bite-size chunks.
- On a skewer, thread alternate chunks of fish, onion and peppers.
- Place skewers in a shallow dish, spoon marinade over and turn, so that fish and vegetables are coated.
- Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat grill.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes, turning once, or until fish is cooked and firm, and both fish and vegetables are slightly charred.
- Serve on cooked briyani rice (a mixture of basmati rice, lentils and briyani spice mix).
Image courtesy of Kazarelth/Flickr
Back to Recipes