A family meal with a spicy and flavourful Mexican twist, full of vegetables and topped with crispy cheese.
- 290g (1 cup) cooked rice, preferably brown
- 455g skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4-5 medium, ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 310g (1 tin) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 165g (½ cup) frozen or fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup low-fat cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Spread rice in a shallow oven dish.
- Top with chicken.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, corn, peppers, seasoning and garlic. Pour over the chicken.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Image courtesy of Serenae/Flickr
Back to Recipes