Vegetarian chocolate chilli
This interesting dish is full of flavour and easy to make - the cocoa/chilli combination is sure to impress.
- 1 small chilli (to taste), seeded and chopped
- 4 medium, ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 15 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 400g (1 tin) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1¼ cups sweet corn
- Mix the chopped chilli with the tomatoes, tomato purée, balsamic vinegar, herbs, cocoa powder and crushed garlic. Use a hand mixer or blender to make a thick sauce.
- Stir-fry the sliced green beans, mushrooms and onion in a bit of olive oil.
- Add the red kidney beans and sweet corn.
- Add the sauce to the pan, cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes on a low heat.
Image courtesy of gurke/Flickr
Back to Recipes